Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Tech Note


5-26-10.
I finally got around to connecting my computer to the bike’s power. There is a cable from the bike’s accessory plug to a cigarette lighter plug. Then a converter from that to a 110 plug. Then a computer charger. Then a converter from that to my computer. A bit kludgy, but it works. What I can’t get to work is charging the helmet cam while I’m riding. It’s just a USB cable from the computer, but the cable seems to fall out of the cam easily. I’m not sure that’s the problem, though. Even when the bike is stopped with the engine running and the computer charging, the “charging” light doesn’t always show.  It would sure help if I can solve that problem, because battery life is the big holdup to making more videos.
The other tech problem… I’m not sure there is _any_ WiFi on the island of Corsica. I haven’t found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment