Monday, May 31, 2010

Genova 'n all that

5-31-10
Spent 260Euros on 2 new Metzeler Tourance tires. That's not much more than I spend at home. It only took an hour to get them changed. Then took a much needed siesta, did laundry, worked on the blog, and had dinner. My first real off day all trip, I think. I rode less than 10 miles around town, I think. Far enough to get a parking ticket, though. It should cost 38E, but my landlady at the hotel says don't pay it. I don't know how it could catch up with me. The ticket has no mention of what jurisdiction the license plate is. It's about time, though. I've broken just about every driving law there is, with total impunity. ummm, maybe the less said about that, the better.

I did go to CinqueTerre. (Well, at least one of them.) AAAARGH! Tourist trap!!! Yeah, OK, they're quaint little villages perched on steep hillsides by the sea, but I've just spent a week among dozens of villages just as quaint, without the thousands of tourists per square meter. I couldn't take it and got out of there ASAP.


These are som pix of the southern town:

 
  

See this line of people walking along the cliff? That's a non-stop line of tourists going from town to town.
 

3 comments:

  1. Tom, Padres are STILL in 1st and have the best record in the National League!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Orioles are in last place and have the worst record in the major league.

    Keep on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Pads! At this rate, they'll have to keep Adrian. I might even have to come home and see them play in person.

    ReplyDelete